Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

I was supposed to cook brunch and theme was of course, eggs. Obviously I did not wake up early enough to cook brunch for my parents. We went out for a late lunch and my dad and I played tic tac toe.

After a lazy afternoon with the 'rents, I decided to cook a dinner for them. Haven't done that in awhile and I wanted to see if I can create something new for them to try.

On the menu:

Potato hash with tomato ragu, chorizo and poached egg
First time ever making this. Thank goodness I had some left over tomato sauce from last time when Jim & friends were here for an ad hoc dinner. The egg wasn't really poached but rather brought to room temperature and bathed in hot water (i changed the water at least 3 times and I still didn't get the coagulation of the whites I wanted. But it was still good) for at least 20mins. Serve with breadsticks.

couldn't place the egg on top of the hash and the tomato sauce. but it was nonetheless very tasty!

Pan-fried Atlantic Salmon in Fennel & Coriander infused oil with broad bean puree & toasted pine nuts. Served with tomato salad.
Not a bad main course. The sweetness of the puree went really well with the richness of the salmon. The tomato salad was refreshing and lightened up the whole dish. Definitely can entertain with this dish.

Salmon cooked perfectly - still pink in the center

Also made mom's favourite - Angel hair with clams, which I totally forgot to take a picture of. 

Wine - Cloudy Bay, Chardonnay 2002

Champagne still in fridge, but I intend to drink it after I am done with this post.

Hope you all are having a great Easter break! :)

1 comment: