Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Maple Oatmeal Cranberries Muffins

Muffin cravings!!

Dislike that it is totally unexpected and out of the blue. Caught me completely off guard and I needed to fix it with this.


I had to abandon my saffron creations so that I can have a quick fix of this moist, doughy sugary treat. Is considered healthy since I put oatmeal in them. 

I wasn't patient enough to sit and think for 45 minutes to decide what to put into saffron muffin. That's life. It doesn't always go as planned . 

And the unplanned always seems to be better. See these muffins? I think they are better than what I have planned ... which was work. 





The dry ingredients: 2C flour, 1C quick cooking oats, 2t baking powder, 1/2t baking soda, 
2t cinnamon, 1t nutmeg, pinch of salt.

The wet ingredients: 1C buttermilk, 1/3C apple sauce, 3/4C maple syrup, 
1/4C brown sugar,1/4C veggie oil, 1 large egg, 2t vanilla.

1 to 1.5C frozen cranberries

You do the usual muffin mixing.
- make a well in your dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Stir to incorporate but don't over mix. Fold in the the cranberries.
- scoop into lined muffin tins and bake in 375F oven for about 30mins.


It was a very good decision to bake these muffins. Now I have enough energy for tonight's Girls Night Out with my love KEE ladies.

Good weekend y'all!



2 comments:

  1. yay!!! you made your own :D so proud of you!!! they look FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Dav! please teach me make green soup soon! :D

    ReplyDelete